- Trauma can manifest in PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder). This occurs when the traumatic event can be triggered by current events and cause the person to relive the traumatic event. This can be mild or severe.
- Trauma can occur either chronically as in daily exposure to traumatic events or even witnessing traumatic events. It can also occur in an acute event that you witnessed or were a victim of. One can experience either or both.
- Verbal or emotional abuse from our parents typically, but it can be from anyone. It is often in the form of bullying.
- Physical abuse at the hands of a caregiver, partner or other is also a form of trauma.
- Sexual abuse refers to a broad range of inappropriate, invasive, even assultive experiences a non-adult can have at the hands of someone older than them. It may be once or many times. The person may be a very young child or a developed teenager.